Shalom Christian Academy is first a school that takes academics seriously. Core subjects, kindergarten through grade 12, are similar to those taught in local public schools. Our certified teachers are part of professional development opportunities throughout each school year through attendance of teacher conferences, in-services or college courses.
- Kindergarten – 17 students per class
- Part-Time Kindergarten – 12 students per class
- Elementary – 17 students per class
- Middle School – 25 students per class
- High School – 19 students per class
Curriculum in grades K-12 is reviewed each year. The subjects are on a five-year cycle. Committees meet to discuss scope and sequence, objectives and Biblical integration for each subject area. In this process, textbooks are reviewed and updated as needed.
- 1st through 7th Grades take the Stanford Achievement Test. (Our students test above average.)
- 8th through 11th Grades take the ACT Aspire test.
- Juniors take the PSAT in the fall.
- Our guidance department guides juniors and seniors as they schedule the SAT’s and ACT’s in preparation for college.
AVERAGE SAT SCORES
* (Numbers in parentheses are writing scores)