Pre-K Program At Shalom Christian Academy
ALL DAY PRE-K AVAILABLE AT SHALOM CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
In addition to the part-time preschool programs offered through Growing Tree Preschool at local churches, Shalom Christian Academy now offers all-day Pre-K at the Shalom Christian Academy Campus. This is a 5 day a week program.
The positive, Christ-centered, stimulating environment for children age 4 and older uses developmentally appropriate practices to meet the physical, cognitive, spiritual, emotional, and social needs of each child.
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum focused on the whole child
- Students attend “Specials” like other Shalom students – Art class taught by certified art instructor, Gym class taught by Shalom’s Athletic Director, Music class taught by certified music instructor
- Field trips and other stimulating activities outside the classroom
- Community Helper program designed to introduce preschool students to community helpers such as firemen, police officers, and dentists
- Weekly interaction with students of all ages – elementary through high school
- Expansive playground
4 & 5 YEAR OLD CLASSES
Children must turn four by Sept. 1st
Students will participate in literacy, math, science, social studies, and health programs. The Handwriting Without Tears curriculum is used to support letter formation and recognition in a hands-on way. In order to teach the whole child, Shalom Christian Academy offers physical education, music, art, library, and chorus classes on a weekly basis. Biblical teaching will be incorporated throughout the day, which includes the development of Christian character.
Developmentally appropriate practices are used to meet the physical, cognitive, spiritual, emotional, and social needs of each individual child. This means that teaching methods are matched with the characteristics of preschool-aged children. Active learning experiences using a variety of senses are offered during structured and child-initiated (inside/outside free play) learning activities.
Shalom Christian Academy strives to provide a positive, Christ-centered, stimulating environment where your child feels secure and accepted. Development of fine motor skills, gross motor skills, school readiness skills, language, and appropriate social skills are cultivated through interactions with materials, peers, and adults.