Thank you for your interest in joining the faculty and staff of Shalom Christian Academy to develop lives of consequence in the world for the kingdom of God.
We realize that the key to a successful Christian School is its staff. We are seeking applicants who are professionally qualified, who are willing to invest in the lives of students, and who, by the pattern of their lives, are Christian role models. View our Statement of Faith here. Completed employment applications can be emailed to Shalom@shalomca.com or mailed to 126 Social Island Road, Chambersburg, PA 17202.
Current Openings at Shalom Christian Academy for 2018-2019 School Year:
Substitute teachers needed on an as needed basis in all areas of the school. Shalom prefers individuals with education degrees; however, will consider someone with a degree in another field.
Substitute Bus Driver
Substitute bus drivers are needed to drive the occasional route. If interested, contact Kathy Grove at 717-375-2223 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Mrs. Grove will put you in contact with our bus contractors.
Qualifications for Faculty
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in education.
- A current state and/or ACSI certification is helpful. Necessary skills include the use of a Smartboard, iPad, and Google.
- Alignment with Shalom Christian Academy’s mission and values. (Read our Statement of Faith)
- Ability to work collaboratively with a community of teachers.
- Effective communication skills with students, parents, and others.
Benefits for Full-time Faculty
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Tuition discount
- Professional development
Please submit the following documents for application:
- Teacher Application (Includes salary information) or Staff Application
- Unofficial transcripts
- DPTT Release Form (Only necessary for teaching positions)
Questions? Please call (717) 375-2223 or send us an email at Shalom@shalomca.com.